Knowledge

Tuesday 21 September 2010

project - SPACE SHUTTLE (scale model)

assalamu alaikum

You may not know this but I used to build scale model kits (semi-retired). I had to shelve this hobby to make way for the money making skills to blossom and now that I'm constantly doing graphic based work I haven't the time for models. But when I did make them I wasn't half bad!

An example of my previous work


Well recently I kind of got pulled out retirement to build a commissioned model of the NASA Space Shuttle. The client provided the kit which was a very old (about 15 years) 'Revell Space Shuttle + booster rockets kit '. The model itself is in 1/72 scale or for those that don't know scale = decent size/medium!


I'm not going to be posting a work-in-progress because this is not a modelling forum but I will share with you the end result. So hopefully if all goes to plan this should be completed by the end of this week. See you then!

assalamu alaikum

No comments:

Post a Comment