Knowledge

Saturday 11 September 2010

project - EID -UL - FITR ORIGAMI SUPRISE

assalamu alaikum

Hope everyone enjoyed their Eid - ul - Fitr celebrations, I know I did!

Over here in London, England me and my family all live fairly close together so when it comes to festive times we can get together with some ease. Every year I try to give nice presents out to my younger cousins, but this year has been quiet busy and couple that with low funds, I had to be creative this year. So instead of just handing out money I thought I'll make some little
'boxes of suprise'.

The box net came together fairly quickly:


Making them was simple enough just a bit of cutting, scoring, bending and some double sided tape did the job. I managed to knock these out whilst watching a film:


Then came the task for me to fill them with something, therefore I decided to use origami objects to make each of the boxes content personal to their recipients, then I would integrate the monies within trying to hide them in some way.

The 1st was for the youngest who is a girl - a little garden of Lillie's


The 2nd was for an amateur businessman - a collection of shirts & briefcase


Lastly the 3rd was for a big fan of the game Call Of Duty MW2 - A jetfighter (Harrier Strike!)


The Trio (overall construction time approx 5hrs - I was working slowely!) 


They did take a very long time but came out fantasticly if I say so myself, and the most important thing is that they absolutly loved them! So i guess job well done. Ive really taken to this origami stuff, so expect more origami style projects in the future.

assalamu alaikum

No comments:

Post a Comment