Knowledge

Monday 20 September 2010

project - SKREAM ALBUM ARTWORK (personal project)

assalamu alaikum

Although I have fairly strong Islamic beliefs, I do enjoy music particularly dubstep, drum n bass, good quality hip-hop etc etc . . . .  

NO CRAP INVOLVING PROFANITY, BITCHES, MURDER, DRUGS blah blah blah

Now when it comes to my itunes library, all my music must always be well organised and every album is complete (most of the time) especially the album artwork. This is very important to me I dunno why it just is!


Well anyways for those who don't know: SKREAM is a dubstep producer based in Croydon (my home town!) He is one of dubstep's first and most prominent producers and has played an important role in the genre's development. (lifted form wiki)

Now Every so often SKREAM releases a selection of tracks for free over the net called 'Freeizm' so far he has released 3 volumes. But these come without any album artwork, so I set about making a set of artworks that can be used in my itunes library.

I designed them using photographs of around Croydon town (seeing as he was based there plus its arguably the birthplace of the genre. Then just used a simple transparency lens over the images to dull them down then added the volume titles using the correct font (HelveticaNeueLT Std Bold Italic) job done!

Freeizm Volume 0
(just for a few singles I had)
Ikea Towers - Purley Way


Freeizm Volume 1
Banksy Ikea graffiti punk - Valley Park


Freeizm Volume 2
Surrey Street Market (where big apple records was located) - Surrey Street


Freeizm Volume 3
Croydon club scene - High Street


Whilst I was doing the above I decided to do a cover for the bonus SKREAMIZM 6 CD found in SKREAMS - album - OUTSIDE THE BOX DELUXE EDITION. I kept this one ultra simple but tried to maintain the design layout of the previous SKREAMIZM's the main inspiration came from the actual print on the CD itself. 

INSPIRATION


MY DESIGN FOR THE ALBUM COVER ARTWORK


- feel free to use the above for your own itunes libraries -
- just don't take credit for my work thanks -

assalamu alaikum

1 comment: