Knowledge

Thursday 16 September 2010

project - MUMS BDAY CARD

assalamu alaikum

Yesterday was my mum's Birthday day, luckily it was a nice day huh?, well anyways I made this card for her, very simple design this year. (from design to manufacture, knocked it out in 45mins) (so I'm getting faster that's for sure!)

I like drawing cubism style flowers so this time I went for a bouquet of octagonal roses. Below I tried to show the stages of the creation of the rose itself.

vector drawing - colour - custom stroke - finishing touches


For the card's basic design I sketched a few hearts on the tablet for a background, then added the rose in a 21 bouquet arrangement. The internal sleeve has a joke pic of a 'mother & child sign' and I added the silver jubilee seal in the top corner to commemorate that my mum has been a mum for 25 years!


Well I must say this quickee really came off nicely, not too busy and elaborate just too the point with enough personal touches, job done!

assalamu alaikum

No comments:

Post a Comment