Knowledge

Wednesday 3 August 2011

project - RAMADAN 2011

assalamu alaikum

The blessed month of Ramadan has arrived once again... and its going to be a difficult 1 this time round, long days of sunlight and high temps will certainly add to ones personal trials. I've just complete day 3 of 30 (approx) and well today was defiantly easier than the last 2 days, I truly hope to god it gets easier so I can maximise my days.
Well anyways abit of education.... Ramadan is usually about 30 days.... why? well each day represents 10 days therefore once a person completes 30 days he/she would be rewarded for 300 days of fasting. To complete the year a person has 30 addition days to perform 6 more days of fasting, so for 36 days of fasting you can be rewarded as if you completed 360 days! Bargain if you ask me.... (The 6 additional days are optional)

Now those 30 days are split into 3 segments....
first 10 - the days of mercy from Allah
second 10 - the days of forgiveness from Allah
third 10 - the days of salvation from the hellfire 

The information above is not known to everyone, even some Muslims! so I've been trying to design a simple and minimalistic poster to illustrate the above facts. I wanted to make it as basic as possible using as simple arrow shapes and bold colour to represent each section.



The way I broke down the meaning behind each segment is like this

first - man seeks mercy from God (i.e. praying towards God)
second - God forgives man for his sins
third - man seeks to avoid the temptations around him thus avoiding hell


For the little project I've taken inspiration from the cover arts to the ''The Lords Of The Rings'' novels. Which show progression from complex illustrative covers to simple forms and bold colours.


I will be developing this idea for the nest few days and hopefully it will be form the basis for this years celebratory cards that I shall be handing out at the end of Ramadan.... I guess there is no harm in educating a few without them knowing it!
Inshallah there will be more to follow

assalamu alaikum

No comments:

Post a Comment